Sample Itinerary Package
Traveler Profile: Jordan is planning a 3-day trip with his wife, Angie. They purchased the Destination Package (see sample) and determined they want to go to Sedona, Arizona in March. They like to hike and also want to visit a spa. Their hotel will be in Sedona and they will be renting a car for the 3 days. They arrive in Sedona at 9 a.m. on Friday and depart for the airport at 9 p.m. on Sunday.
They completed CTC’s Itinerary Package travel assessment.
The following itinerary was planned for Jordan and Angie based on their needs and budget…
March temperatures in Fahrenheit: 40’s-60’s
Sedona will give you a variety of experiences and access to some of the most beautiful and inspiring locations in the U.S. Being based among the breathtaking red rocks of Sedona, you’ll be able to take a day trip up to the Grand Canyon. You will also be able to experience nature inspired spa treatments. Enjoy!
Friday: Sedona and Spa
Arrive at 9 a.m.; early check-in at hotel and get brunch
- Wildflower Bread Company (Homestyle breakfasts, gourmet sandwiches, bakery)
- Red Rock Cafe (Southwestern flair; #2 on TripAdvisor)
Head to the spa to start your weekend and relax after your flight. Choose from one of the following spas (remember to make a reservation):
After your spa treatment/s, check out some of the shops in Sedona.
- Cress on Oak Creek (Inspired by the nature of Northern Arizona; fine dining; same location as L’Apothecary Spa)
- Elote Cafe (Mexican and Southwestern)
- Bella Vita Ristorante (Italian)
*You may consider switching the Sunday itinerary to Friday and Friday itinerary to Sunday, if you want to visit the spa after your hikes.
Saturday: Grand Canyon
Grab breakfast at your hotel and drive up to the Grand Canyon. We recommend leaving by 7 a.m., as it will take approximately 2 hours to get there.
Grand Canyon Activities
The following are activities to choose from while at the Grand Canyon:
- DRIVE East and South Rim: Take Highway 89 North to Cameron to enter through the lesser-used East Entrance (sometimes known as Desert View). Entering the park from the east gives you the opportunity to overlook the Little Colorado River Gorge and explore Dessert View and Grandview Point along the East Rim.
- HIKE Option #1: Kaibab Trail to Cedar Ridge (3 miles roundtrip; elevation change of 1,120 feet; strenuous hike)
- HIKE Option #2: Kaibab Trail to Ooh Ahh Point (1.8 miles roundtrip; easy hike)
- If you prefer a guided tour, click here for options.
We recommend reviewing this page on the National Park Service website and downloading maps as needed. The North Rim is closed in March.
Lunch and Dinner Options
We recommend finding some homemade frybread – you won’t be disappointed! You can find some at the Cameron Trading Post.
Sunday: Hiking in Sedona
Eat breakfast at the hotel, check out, and pack the car. Or ask for a late check-out if you want to freshen up before arriving at the airport.
First, download the Sedona Hiking App and read up on trail safety.
Do a hike in the morning and one in the afternoon or consider a longer day hike.
- Morning Hike: Red Rock Crossing (1.1 miles; easy hike)
- Afternoon Hike: Fay Canyon Trail (2.3 miles; easy hike; features a waterfall)
- Day Hike: West Fork Trail (7 miles; easy hike)
- Famous Pizza and Beer (Pizza)
- Coffee Pot Restaurant (Breakfast served all day; authentic Mexican food)
- Or grab some food at a grocery store after leaving the hotel and enjoy snacks on your hike or a picnic with a view.
- Creekside Sedona (American bistro; red rock views)
- The Hudson (American; red rock views)
- Pisa Lisa (Wood fire pizza)
Depart for airport by 9 p.m.
*Customers who purchase the Itinerary Package receive the information organized in a Word and Excel document – making it easy to access and add notes. Customers also receive map links and other general information about the area.